The Terminal Cafe (East Nashville, TN)




I was brought onto this project by a fellow Fort Houston member by the name of Luis. He is an amazing photographer and woodworker. Check him out @thelutul on instagram. 

The project was for a local cafe by the name of The Terminal Cafe. It's located by Pomodoro East, Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream, and Rosepepper. They wanted to accommodate larger groups since their space is quite small. So they called us in to do just that.

Luis and I went to the drawing board, sketched up some ideas, and then 3D rendered what the final product would look like. 


After that, we divided the project into two sections, wood and metal. He did all of the woodworking and I did all of the metal fabrication. It was nice to switch up my medium for a bit. I hadn't worked with metal in awhile, so I did a lot of testing to make sure everything would sit just how I wanted it to. I made some leg mock-ups and a jig so things would be easier for me when I began welding. 

   
  


Luis finished the wood with a cool gray stain and I finished the legs with a nice semi-matte black finish. We used gold screws to add a pop of flair and to simply bring everything together. 


Overall, it was a fun project, and the clients were more than open and excited to be working with us.

Go check them out! @theterminalcafe    instagram.com/theterminalcafe 


(Final Product)



  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding WallFlower